Gold-edged business cards, edited + cropped photos, sparkly shoes that jazz up a blah outfit, polka dot wrapping paper with aqua cotton ribbon… beauty really is in the details.
I was recently putting together a thank you package for a special blogger friend. When sending something to an awesome friend AND a blogger, you can’t just use run-of-the-mill gift wrap supplies! Unique + pretty packaging is required. Enter: Paper and Present.
Regardless of style, budget, or color palette, they have the goods to add a little more awesomeness to whatever it is you’re creating… oh my gah and they have entire gift wrap kits. I’m obsessed.
We’re visual, we can’t help it. So pay attention to those details…
Psst – this is a collaborative series with bedsidesign, check out what she’s IN LOVE with this week…! See our pins for the IN LOVE series on pinterest. This post is sponsored by Paper and Present. All opinions are my own.
Happy February, friends. This month is one of my favsies. Yes, I’m one of those annoying people who really loves Valentine’s Day… but that’s not why it’s my favorite. This month is also my birthday month! Yeeah boi.
As I start to officially become an adult, I really want to have an adult apartment. I want it to reflect my style in my 27th year, ya feel me? That probably means no longer buying all of my home goods at Target and Ikea. Okay, I can do this…deep breaths.
It’s time to start building up my collection of awesome + original finds… one of a kind stuff no one else has. These vintage goodies and handmade ceramics by The Cupcake Kid are (a) perfect for Febs and (b) they’d really class up this joint aka my apartment.
AND guess what? The Cupcake Kid is offering all of you 10% off through February with the code MYVALENTINE!! Yeeah boi, again!
Oh I lurrve the idea of decorating with vintage letterpress type… which item is your favorite?
I almost fell out of my chair when I saw these gems from Nicoleap’s Society6 shop. Did you know you can get throw pillows and tote bags from Society6 now?? So genius…
Oh how I love a good tote… you know what else I love? Typography prints. Nicoleap’s prints are the perfect combination of simple, colorful, and clever. They inspire me to think outside the box; to get creative without over-complicating things.
AND guess what?? You can get 30% off these Etsy goodies with the code SHARINGTHELOVE30!! Do you feel the love? Oh I feel it. Happy Holidazzle, friends.
Well happy holidazzle, friends! It’s day one of this little holiday adventure. In case you’re wondering what the heck holidazzle is – it’s 25 days of my very favorite shops… think of it as a super awesome gift guide offering some daily inspiration on what to get those rad folks near and dear to your heart…
We’re starting this party with letterpress and graphic design studio, Sugar & Type. There’s nothing better than sending (or receiving) a unique, handmade card… it makes the sender look awesome and it makes the sendee very happy. Win-win.
This time of year cards are more than just letters in the mail, they’re gifts and decorations for the mantle… so make sure you send some mantle-worthy cards, ya hear. I’d say Hedge-Hug is totes mantle-worthy…
You know all those plans you have to rule the world? Well no more excuses, this is your year. This planner will help keep you on track… and if you start feeling discouraged, this little gem is chock-full of inspirational quotes to keep you motivated.
Omigosh. Dudes. I almost forgot the best part! Ilana of Sugar & Type is giving all of you 20% off with the coupon code artsocial!! Wahoo! Now go forth, and save on prezzies from Sugar & Type!!
Find Sugar & Type on Etsy, Facebook, and Twitter. Oh and guess what? Sugar & Type also does branding, logo design, and oh so much more. Learn more here.
This week’s drank holds a special place in my heart. In 2007, I studied abroad in Grenoble, France, for 6 whole weeks. Whoa, right? Ok ok, most people study abroad for an entire year and live with host families. MUCH more difficult/cooler than my experience… but it was still incroyable!!
At the end of my Grenoble trip, I wrote down all of the words that reminded me of my time there so I’d never forget. Here are some of my Grenoble words:
the voice of the intercom lady on the tram (ha! what??)
pain au chocolate
soldes! (major summer sales)
kebabs (if you’re ever in Grenoble, go to Bat’man Kebab)
ice cream from the street
going out keys (we had to get keys from our dorm master if we were planning on coming home late…)
This last one is what I present to you today, my friend. The Desperado (or Despa for short… for some reason) is a beer cocktail – one of the BEST beer cocktails I might add – and I’ve only found it in France. Luckily with a little search of the Google, I found a recipe for my beloved Despas. Get ready.
two parts beer (I used Corona)
1 part tequila
1 part limeade
lime to garnish
Mix these three delicious elixirs together with ice and enjoy. As always, feel free to change up the ratios… I lean towards more limeade and beer, less tequila.
Awesome art print by French artist Mathilde Aubier, check out her Etsy shop (it’s the cutest!); drank photo by artsocial; drank recipe found here.
If there was an award for super creative/the most awesome product styling ever on Etsy, it would go to the shop Blah Blah Blah (or blah3 for short). They may be selling bags, but I kinda wish this first one was a print. I’d totally put this in my l’office (loft office).
See more from blah3… they also use sugar cubes, bread, and gummi bears to style their necklaces- it’s just too awesome.
Well hello there, friends. Since I skipped the weekend roundup last week to post my vlogging debut, I was preeetty excited to get back to it this week. But I’m starting to wonder if I do anything other than eat, look at art, eat, and go to the movies on the weekends… not that there’s anything wrong with that, but it’s good to be well-rounded, right? Maybe I’ll start doing karate. Oh! or taking hip hop dance classes. I really want to learn how to dougie once and for all…
1. This weekend started with me making dinner for the boyfriend. Now this may seem boring, routine, UNexciting, but guys I NEVER make dinner. This was a big deal. I am not the cook in my relationship. Having a boyfriend that can cook incredible meals is A. amazeballs B. romantic as hell and C. very intimidating. After he makes the best chicken enchiladas ever, I can’t exactly make him my signature buttered noodles with parmesan (if I even have that, sometimes it’s just salt and pepper). But I had an ace up my sleeve this weekend. My bestie had told me about the most delicious and simple grilled cheese sandwich of all time: the Green Goddess Grilled Cheese Sandwich. Fancy grilled cheese? Now that’s my speed. And it was a big hit.
2. This photograph by Kristin Kirkley Photography can come live at my house. Srsly put it in any room and it’s a party… except without all the music and drunk people and clean up afterwards. Sounds like a win to me.
3. I pinned this on Friday and I can’t stop thinking about it. After my TIATTY post, I’ve felt so inspired by the support from my friends and some incredibly awesome fellow bloggers. It makes me want to really go for it, to follow my passions. After being unsure of my career path for so long, I think I’ve caught a glimpse of where I belong. And that makes the future pretty exciting. Ok cheesy moment over… but if you want to sing along to LMFAO’s “Yes” with me, it’s totally playing in my head right now and seems appropriate for the moment (cuz everyday I see my dream). P.S. I know, I don’t know why I like this music either…
4. Umm a drawing of a bear made out of the word “bear” – this doesn’t even need an explanation as to why I picked it for the roundup. It’s coolness is obvious.
5. Whoa dudes. These porcelain sugar cones are perfection. Let’s get something straight right now: I screamed for ice cream, not some kind of spongy baked good. I don’t like the cones. Just get a cup, you might say. Well that’s just not the same. I would like to enjoy my ice cream sans spoon. All of my ice cream problems are now solved thanks to this Etsy shop.
6. 20×200 had a ridonk sale this weekend (that’s actually what they called it, that’s not my white girl gangster talk… this time). I l.o.v.e this photograph Winter Flags (East Village, New York) by Youngna Park. Want? Yes. Need? Also yes.
7. Oh the washi tape. I’m getting some to jazz up my business cards… and my life in general. Putting washi tape on anything makes it better. Fact.
8. Saturday night consisted of seeing Moonrise Kingdom at the Mayan Theatre. This theater was built in 1930 and is one of Denver’s independent and foreign film cinemas. Needless to say it’s super old school. Add a Wes Anderson movie to this scenario and you get hipsterfest 5000. But I really really love this theater and the movie was AWESOME, go see it immediately. Does that make me a hipster? Probably. Especially since I took an instagram of it for the blog. Ha! And I was wearing skinny jeans… damn!
9. Speaking of Denver, I recently discovered an amazing local artist. Inspired by “the final girl” in horror films and the “femme fatale” character in film noir, Sigri Strand creates Cindy Sherman-esque photographs that are incredibly rad. There’s so much more to the story in these colorful, stylized photos… and I’m dying to know what that story is. Great art always leaves you wanting more…
No, I don’t mean nicknack. Nacnic is an Etsy shop oozing with awesomeness and vintage style prints I need for my apartment. There’s something about printing on old book pages that makes a print so… what? Sophisticated? Layered with meaning? I don’t know, but it looks cooool.