First off, I want to say THANK YOU again for all of your amazing comments and tweets and general bloggy love about last week's post and the beginning of the Be Happy linkup. Over the past week, I've had many moments of staring at my computer and smiling like a goof in disbelief of everyone's support, enthusiasm, and incredible wisdom. You guys are truly the BEST.
Before tomorrow's post, I wanted to officially invite all of you to join myself, Lisa of Joycreation, and Rita of TOMORROWtoday in writing about happiness tomorrow (and every Thursday!). It can be about the book The Happiness Project or it can be about happiness in general. Really if it relates to havin' a good feeling (love that Flo Rida/Etta James song), then it belongs with this linkup. Grab the banner (or code) from this page and then look for the easy peasy linkup in tomorrow's post so your link is on my blog and vice versa... we're gonna spread this happiness like wildfire, ya hear!
I also wanted to write my blog happiness project commandments before things kick off tomorrow. Gretchen developed some overarching principles (or commandments) that helped her stay on course during her year of happiness. Words that reminded her of why she was doing what she was doing, sayings that would offer a boost of confidence or reassurance during moments of self-doubt, things of that nature. Well if you follow me on Pinterest, you know how much I looove my text | image board full of inspirational sayings (520 to be exact... whoa-za). And with this incredibly exciting challenge I've created for myself, I think I'm gonna need some of those principle commandment thingies. Twelve seems to be the magic number with commandments, so I guess that's how many I'll do...
B E H A P P Y C O M M A N D M E N T S
1. There's more than enough. (perfect reminder when I get those jealous or envious feelings)
2. Pursue excellence, ignore success. (a Deepak Chopra gem)
3. I've already done it. (a state of mind that helps when I'm nervous about doing something. I see it as already accomplished)
4. Keep it real. (honesty and authenticity always)
5. Live with intention. Blog with intention. (damn right)
6. All roads lead to Rome. (wise words from miss Bethenny Frankel. All paths, no matter how cray they get, will lead you to your goal)
7. Let it be good. (dare to be happy, no what ifs)
8. Be bigger than your britches. (truth is, no one really knows how big your britches are. So why not go for it?)
9. Listen. (pay attention to what feels right and only do what's aligned with my brand and what makes my heart happy)
10. Today is the day. (no more waiting for the right moment, do it now)
11. Some things take time. (I can be incredibly impatient, I'll need this one)
12. Don't compare your beginning to someone else's middle. (I also tend to be hard on myself, I'll need this one too)
Alright. My first progress report post on my blog happiness project will be up tomorrow! September is collaboration month, there have already been some great opportunities and a little bump in the road too... and it's only September 5th!
Image found here.