This weekend roundup is dedicated to my camping adventure...
1. Fat Tire and Skinnygirl Margarita... clearly a combined effort picking drinks for the weekend. You guessed it, I picked the Skinnygirl. Unofficial/official plug for Skinnygirl cocktails - they're actually pretty perfect for camping. Just open and serve. You don't even really need a glass if that's how you roll... ok, you should probably use a glass. We're trying to have a civilization here.
2. Holgs! My new Holga camera, thanks to Hobstr. This was my first experience with a Holga, I cannot wait to see if the pics turn out. I'm so used to the instant gratification of my iphone/instagram, it was strangely difficult for me to decide what to take a picture of. It seemed so definite, I couldn't just review it and retake if needed. It was a great lesson in slowing down and really discerning what was photo-worthy... more on that after I get my holgas back (unless all my pics are lame, in which case we never had this conversation).
3. These happened.
4. Rope sandals aside, Kevin is the bestest ever... especially when he makes gourmet-style hamburgers while camping. What a badass.
5. Kevin has a whole set of camping utensils. I became a bit obsessed with this mini whisk... I think I like holding mini objects because I'm only 5'3" and it makes me feel like a giant. Completely reasonable, right?
6. There's something so relaxing about staring into the campfire... plus it was the s'more-maker, so I will always think of the campfire fondly.
7. Sexy, huh? I grew up in Colorado and this is my first pair of hiking boots. I guess it's finally time to embrace my Colorado-ness.
8. It wasn't until the second day I finally felt relaxed. It's crazy how long it can take to unwind from the week. I finally felt like I was on vacation when I took this picture. We had just got back from a hike and I was sitting around watching the clouds... perfect moment.
9. I posted this s'more to the 'gram yesterday... I still miss it. S'mores really should be served in restaurants... gasp! or food trucks. Someone please start a s'more food truck.
In conclusion, I had a great time... I think more camping adventures are in my future. How was your weekend, friends? I missed you guys.