Hi, friends! Christie of bedsidesign is back for another roundup of the things she loooves, lurves, and like-likes... this time it's all about fall.
Thanks to this collaboration with Erin I am now looking forward to Mondays and spending them with you! I’m so happy to be back and sharing some of my favorite things about fall for the second part of IN LOVE. I was always a summer girl but moving to Syracuse transformed me into a autumn-loving lady. Here are some of my faves:
1. My husband is a free-lance photographer on the side and we shot a wedding together last fall. This was the bride’s bouquet - hello gorgeous flowers! We spend many a fall day taking pictures of the leaves changing, the city and all the good food we eat [more on that soon].
2. I get cold fast. I admit it is a bit weird but I’ll always be cold even when I know I shouldn’t be. Right now my fingers are a bit cold, strange circulation stuff runs in my family. That’s why fingerless gloves are just about the most amazing thing ever. I wear them to work, when I blog, when I’m in the car, you get the point. These adorable fingerless gloves are now on my wishlist. Plus check out that picture, pinecones! I love me some pinecones.
3. As someone who wears layers year-round autumn is the best time for layers [remember I’m always cold, seeing a theme here?]. I love how effortless pairing a button-down and sweater look with a pair of jeans.
4. Something you probably don’t know about me is I have an insane amount of hair. I’m cursed blessed with thick hair which usually turns into a frizzy nightmare. But fall, oh fall is the one time of year I look somewhat like a normal person. It is also one of the only times I can fit all of my hair into a cute beanie.
5. For readers 21+ years of age: I’m a beer-gal. I love me a good cocktail or glass of wine but 9 times out of 10 I opt for beer. Fall beers are my favorite because they are filled with flavor and spices that make me feel all warm and fuzzy. Dogfish Head’s Punkin Ale is perfect if I want to have just one flavorful beer, I strongly caution drinking more than 1 in a night since it is so savory. Plus nobody wants a beer belly.
6. CANDLES! Okay so we are all warm and cozy. We have a great beverage, now what? Let’s set the mood people! I just discovered a local gem called Witty Wicks. They make soy candles that are amazing and I have this pumpkin candle. Let me just tell you it smells amazing and fills my whole apartment with the scent of fall. The best part is - they sell them online.
7. Besides wanting to always be warm something triggers in me when autumn hits. I suddenly love to cook and bake. As I write this I have a pumpkin bread loaf and muffins baking in the oven. Spoon Fork Bacon is one of my favorite food blogs and their recipe for Pumpkin Mousse is on my to-make list this fall - how delicious does that look?! What’s your favorite fall recipe?
What are your favorite things about fall?
Thanks, Christie! Check out my favorite fall shtuff over on bedsidesign. See more from bedsidesign on twitter, facebook, pinterest, and instagram... and you can also get a sneak peek of our pins for the IN LOVE series right ova here.