Holy mid-May, it's almost summer guys! Even Mondays are a little happier this time of year. This weekend roundup is dedicated to you, summer. Let's have a drink and get our tan on real soon, ok? And by "get our tan on" I mean wear 85 spf and hang out in the shade. I'm of Irish descent, 'nuff said.
1. This weekend started with a Negra Modelo and the boyfriend making chicken tacos. Feels like summer and tastes like summer. Aww yeeah.
2. So I don't have a garden and I can barely keep houseplants alive - srsly, I somehow killed my diy terrarium... I thought those things were basically self-sustaining? But it's spring-ish summer, I'd like to have some plants around. SO, I think maybe, just maybe, even I could keep this ball of moss in an apothecary jar alive... by Pink Serissa.
3. I'm determined to get my apartment fully decorated by the end of the summer. I know, that's a long time. Decorating gives me anxiety... so I'm taking baby steps. One piece of artwork each week until every room looks awesome. Here's my second purchase, Catloaf by Jen Ray (and here's my first). Of course I Googled "catloaf" and discovered that it's actually a legit term used to describe a cat sitting with all four paws tucked under its body... you know, as legit as urban dictionary gets anyways. I encourage you to Google too, let's get weird.
5. The weekend started a little early this week with the celebration of miss Kate Donaldson's birthday. With fruit/slurpee/tequila/champagne cocktails on the patio and a cake illustrating the timeless debate bear vs. shark, the night ranked high on the awesomeness scale.
6. In honor of future summer patio celebrations, I started looking for a new drink with the right amount of sweetness and booziness (and maybe a little less slurpee). Well call off the search. Meet the blackberry smash.
7. My all time favorite instagrammer is Chicago-based photographer Paul Octavious. He does a 'gram series of the same hill - or to put it in instagram terms #samehilldifferentday. This Saturday it was all about kite flyin'... awesome. Follow this man: @pauloctavious. Oh and he has an adorable dog named Gizmo who makes frequent instagram appearances.
8. Here's to more picnicking this summer. Who's with me? Image found here.
9. With a name like Sweet Action and flavors like Colorado margarita, chocolate andes mint, chai (!!), and salted butterscotch, this little ice cream shop is a must for summer. If you're in Denver, go immediately.