Man was it hot this weekend. Like lay-around-with-a-fan-in-your-face hot. Like too-hot-to-eat hot! Ok, well almost. I did feel like I could've gotten heat stroke while sitting on the patio at Snooze Saturday morning, but I still managed to finish my cylinder of hash browns and my beermosa. (Potatoes at Snooze are served in the shape of a cylinder. Geometric. Delicious. It's 100 degrees while I write this, I apologize for any ramblings).
1. Hot summer days are for air conditioned spaces or pools, but hot summer nights? They're for patio parties. This tiny bar setup is super adorbs, it makes me want to spruce up my little patio with something similar...
2. This cupcake miss Jessica pinned on artsocial's Collections + Cupcakes pin board looks crazy delicious. It's called the "cupcake pistache-chocolat." Whaaat. Yeah. It's French. That means not only is it probably insanely good, but it seems sophisticated... and thus more nutritious. No? Not good logic?
3. Oh John Baldessari, you genius. This oil and acrylic work is the perfect painting... or at least it tells us what makes the perfect painting. I LOVE artists with a sense of humor. It's art after all, let's not take it all so seriously.
4. Here's that beermosa from Snooze I mentioned earlier. Ok I know orange juice mixed with beer sounds really really gross, but it's actually pretty great. I'm tellin' ya, beer cocktails are gonna be all the rage soon... I'm totes an expert. (Not at all an expert).
5. Since it was sooooo hot (whining voice) this weekend, I spent a little time hovering over the ac vent whilst browsing through Pinterest and came across this amaaaazing pinner: Amanda Rodriguez, a freelance interior stylist from Stockholm. All of her pins are gorgeous... like so gorgeous her boards make my boards look like a child with a cupcake obsession has been calling the shots. What I mean to say is this girl's got some serious style and I highly encourage you to spend time looking at her pins... you'll be inspired. Guaranteed.
6. I used to do my homework on clipboards when I was little. They made me feel super grown-up, like I worked in an office or something... an office that required me to write 10 sentences using 10 new vocabulary words. Anyhoo, those clipboard days are over, but I looove the idea of turning clipboards into an inspiration/decoration wall.
7. Guys. Look at these little paper shirts I found on Very Sarie. Totally reminds me of playing with paper dolls on my parent's couch. Did anyone else have paper dolls when they were little? Was I the only one who thought leaning paper cutouts of Beauty and the Beast characters against the window constituted super fun playtime?
8. What else is there to do on a 104 degree day than watch the sunset... I know, we're nuts. Although by 8 pm it was a cool 90 degrees. Gah. But the gorgeous colors were worth enduring the heat.
9. After the sunset and the lingering 90 degree weather, there was only one option for date night: popsicles on the patio.
Happy Monday, everyone! Hope you're staying cool... I recommend popsicles. If you happen to be following me on the 'gram lately, you know this :)